Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Losing a Child

I attended a memorial last Sunday afternoon for my neighbor's mother who I also worked for. Even though she was in her 80's and hadn't been well in recent days, her death was still difficult. After losing my son 15 years ago at the age of 7, time lessens the pain and the rough days become fewer and less intense. After Sunday, though, Philip's passing could have just been yesterday. It's amazing how all of it can come rushing back to the present in a matter of a few minutes or hours. Losing a child has to be one of the worst experiences a parent can have.

If you have lost a child, whether yesterday or years ago, no matter what the age or circumstance, I would like to hear about it and how you cope. I have written a book about this experience and hoping to get it into print soon. Please express your feelings here.

1 comment:

  1. I have lost my (nearly) 4 year old son on the 6th of January 2009. Tomorrow will be only 2 months.

    My entire being is shattered to pieces and my deepest wish is to die so that I can be with my child.

    I have been writing a blog since the first week after his death about my feelings of love and loss.

    Blessings and love from South Africa
    Alison

    ReplyDelete